Because the world shifts to social, commerce is shifting too. It was once that you could open an item or perhaps a service store online, make a descriptive web page, give a shopping cart software and start selling effectively. Using the shift to social, traditional e-commerce is fast fading because the preferred mode by which people buy online. What’s more and more becoming necessary is the fact that e-commerce is social. Social E-commerce or Social Commerce, out of the box more and more becoming referred to as, is how e-commerce meets social.
Based on Wikipedia, Social commerce is really a subset of electronic commerce which involves using social networking, online media that supports social interaction and user contributions, to assistance with the internet exchanging of services and products. This definition might be even redefined as that Social Commerce isn’t just a subset of electronic commerce, but instead the most well-liked method, and incredibly likely the only real productive method of future electronic commerce.
So what does Social Commerce mean? There are many characteristics that shape social e-commerce. Sellers meaning to implement social commerce to their buying and selling could take a look at applying the next themselves to their own sites, or could leverage social hubs or social marketplaces and start buying and selling their services and products.
The next characteristics define Social Commerce:
1. Compared to traditional e-commerce, in the realm of Social Commerce, buyers make their decisions to purchase or try a service or product, not based just on seller description, but instead according to social reviews by other users
2. Buyers of services and products positively take part in supplying feedback and suggestions to buddies yet others locally. As a result, it might be essential the seller carefully watches feedback and proper any flaws quickly in order to cause a general change in any negative feedback
3. Users of the Social Hub positively share the things they like (and never like), mostly with only a mouse click, across various social bookmark locations and social systems. Included in this are Twitter, Facebook, Scrumptious, Come Across, Scrumptious etc. Social Commerce is Viral Commerce
4. More and more, Social Commerce can also be tuned with Mobile Commerce. As a result, offers are distributed to Mobile QR codes and Feed feeds which makes it easy to talk about offers, preferences
5. The consumer is presented not only using the offer in one Seller, but frequently with related offers using their company Sellers, therefore the potential Buyer can produce a conscious choice searching not only at one offer, however a portfolio of available offers, filled with reviews, recommendations and ratings.
6. Videos and pictures are an natural area of the offer, thus making the entire process of showcasing exactly what the offers are, complete not only with text, however with images and videos. Such images and videos are shared across image systems and video systems, for example YouTube, thus facilitating additional viral distribution effortlessly
7. Everything a possible buyer must know, i.e. exactly what the offers are, how lengthy the sale will require to provide, what is needed in the buyer in situation any, what payment methods are permitted, what’s going to be delivered etc. is apparent inside the description. The Customer typically do not need to go elsewhere or click every other links to obtain a full picture to create a conscious decision.
Check out this great website for Billion Dollar Commerce Platform that blows away Groupon.