img2txt.com has created an awesome free optical character recognition or OCR tool that allows you to extract text from an image. In the past, one would have to recopy or find the text written online but with this OCR tool, when you see a text that you like, you can simply copy or scan the image and extract the text. There are a few caveats as this tool continues to improve and evolve. The text has to be a standard font with left to right direction (for readability).
Examples: Successful Scan:
1) Free: There’s no charge to use the tool.
2) It’s evolving: The developers are continually working to improve it.
3) Time-Saver: You can save time by scanning images for texts instead of having to re-type or find the text somewhere else online. This process takes minutes instead of what could take hours.
4) The higher the resolution, the clearer and more accurate the result.
5) Available in 27 languages.
6) User-Friendly/Easy to Use.
1) Slanted or Tilted texts (and fonts) don’t work (yet).
2) Image has to be of a high-quality to get a usable result.
As you can see, the clearer standard writing (and fonts) were easier for the tool to detect and accurately read. Even though this tool is not (yet) perfect, it can still save tons of time and provides another efficient way to navigate and use the internet. I consider it a must-have online tool/utility that will only get better with time.